Linguistics students may apply for travel funds from the department to partially cover their travel expenses if
- they are presenting a paper or a poster at a conference, and
- they have applied for travel funds from another source.
- A short description containing
- the name, date, and the place of the conference
- the title of the paper
- the name of the other funding source the applicant has applied to
- A short description of the budget, including
- an estimate of the transportation cost to/from the conference
- an estimate of the lodging cost
- the amount of the student registration fee
- an explanation of how departmental, personal, and other funding will be used to meet these costs)
*Each student may receive a maximum of one travel funding award each academic year.
Please send your electronic applications to Dr. Natasha Warner, copying Stephanie Amado. Applications for travel funding are accepted at any time.
The University of Arizona requires that travel must be authorized and documented prior to all official University travel activities.
Please send your travel information to Marian Wiseley PRIOR to your trip. She will help you fill out a Travel Authorization Form for you, and will mail it to FSO Operations Travel Office before the travel event commences.
Filling out the Travel Authorization Form is mandatory even if you are not applying for departmental travel funds.
* You have 90 days from the date of return from travel to submit your reimbursement request. After 90 days you will be taxed on the amount of your reimbursement. *