About George-Michael Pescaru
- I was born in Bucharest, Romania, but I was raised in Boise, Idaho.
- I am the PAC-12's number one fan, with undergraduate degrees from Washington and an MA from Utah.
- Currently, I am a phonologist. As far as that goes, I am especially interested in formal models of gradiant variation, where certain synchronic patterns enable multiple realizations of a word that are each equally acceptable with no significant information conveyed by the choice of one over another (e.g. French schwa deletion).
- I am also interested in agent-based models of language change and/or use, such as exemplar modeling, though this interest isn't exclusive to phonology.
- English, ostensibly fluent
- Romanian, functional conversation/basic reading
- Romglish, fluent
- Danish, basic conversation/functional reading