Students must complete 18 units of minor coursework, half of which must be upper-division (9 units).
Introductory Core Course (3 units):
- LING 201 (Introduction to Linguistics) - a prerequisite for most other courses
Additional Core Courses (6 units; choose two):
- LING 300 (Introduction to Syntax)
- LING 314 (Phonetics)
- LING 310 (Linguistic Typology)
- LING 315 (Introduction to Phonology)
- LING 364 (Introduction to Formal Semantics)
Linguistics Minor Electives (9 units):
- at least 3 units of upper division electives
- 6 additional units of linguistics electives
Please note that double-dipping between majors (and minors) is allowed with the consent of both degree programs. Often this means that a double degree or double major is as easy or easier to complete than the minor. We're happy to discuss the difference in requirements at any time!